Friday, May 6, 2016

Little stinker

Last night I got a call from Nathan saying a friend was driving down the west strip and saw a baby owl in the middle of the road. You guessed it, the same one I put back in the sign nest yesterday morning. The police were on hand to protect him til Nathan got there. He's now in my cage room and will not be returned to the nest for a second time.

Darn those teenagers, they think they're nine feet tall and bulletproof. Because he's used up two lives I'm calling him CAT. I'll keep him here, put him in with my foster mom, SMIDGE, when he's ready and then release him as soon as possible. Not where he came from but on a large ranch where he can keep the mouse and rabbit population under control

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying all of your recent great horned owl postings. It is so great that Nate has become such a help.

    ReplyDelete