Friday, May 13, 2016

Another first

Today I received a species of bird I've never had. This is an adult male Lazuli Bunting, one of the most colorful of our songbirds. He was found about seven miles up the Southfork Road unable to fly far or high. I can't see anything wrong with his wings so he'll stay here until he has enough strength to make it back in the wild.

It's a lousy photo because just as he got in a good position, and I pressed the button on the camera, he'd move or the camera would hesitate before clicking the shutter. I'll include a good photo of this type of bunting for you to see what how beautiful they are.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I didn't even know we had these around here. Hopefully there isn't something internally wrong, and he will make a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete