Tuesday, July 12, 2016

All gone

As I mentioned earlier, today starts the new phase in my six baby GHOs lives. I drove them to the 2500 acre Crosby ranch in Cowley and found a most extraordinary release site. There are feedlots, water in the ditch, large variety of big trees and open hay fields. Perfect habitat for these young birds. They've already proven they are hunters of live prey so they should do well.

Even tho they were all released at the same place, they didn't all go the same direction when leaving the crates. I've no doubt that they may join up for a few days but then they'll naturally disperse into their own little worlds. Thanks to Brett Crosby for allowing me to use his family's awesome ranch for this momentous occasion.

And I wore my GHO t-shirt for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment