Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Say what?????


Today when I gathered the eggs I found a slight discrepancy in the sizes. I have no idea if this is a delayed reaction from the horrible trauma my hens suffered at the hands of the fox but as you can see, two of them are not producing the proper sized eggs. This has happened only once before, last year sometime, and when I broke the shell the only thing inside was the whites. Perhaps this will become the egg of the future for those who are watching their cholesterol.

3 comments:

  1. No yolk! But that is my favorite part---I know I know, bad for me. But, hey, are they pretty! You won't have to even dye eggs for Easter, just pop these into a pretty basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look like "practice eggs " !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, These are half the size of "practice eggs". They're still in my frig, haven't wanted to break them yet.

    ReplyDelete