Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting closer to being done

This morning I had to go to town for some feed and left about 10:30. The weather had gotten bad, cold and windy, so I figured John wouldn't be here to help me put the jailbar windows into the owl barn. When I got back a couple hours later lo and behold, they were in place. I don't know how much trouble he had and assume that Alan came along to help. The barn is looking so great now, only the metal siding is left to put on and also replace the worn out door with one made for being outside in the elements. I found some great doors at a place in Billings called ReStore. It's a shop run by a group that builds Habitat for Humanity homes. Whenever anyone is remodeling their home and has "stuff" to replace they can donate the old cabinets, furniture, appliances, doors, etc. to this group. Then people like me find just what they need to complete a project or upgrade a room in a house for very low prices. Super people, go there and check it out.

No more captures of the elusive fox yet but I did trap a skunk yesterday. As there has been a history of rabies in skunks in this area this one was not allowed to live. That and they seem to dig into the mews and drag off anything the birds haven't finished eating. I know everything must eat but not with the cost of these feeder animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment