Monday, March 15, 2010

Oops.....

Today I got started making the 10 windows with jailbars for the owl barn. I've made all the others with no problem but today, after finishing putting together all the frames I realized that I failed to adjust them for the 1/2 inch panel on the bottom to keep the bars from falling out when the window is lifted into position. Geez, did I feel like an idiot for not noticing until all of them were finished. Okay, necessity is the mother of invention. What in the world did we do before duct tape was invented. With very little wiggle room I decided to put a couple strips of tape along the bottom to take care of the problem. May have to staple it in places as the PVC pipe does weigh a bit but somehow I'll make it work. I'll add a photo of the finished windows when I'm through.

No comments:

Post a Comment