Saturday, March 20, 2010

And then there were none.........

This morning I caught the male fox in a trap. Unless another pair decides to move into the now empty den I should have no more problems with fox in the near future. I would think that most pairs have already set up a den and are either nursing kits or about to produce them. But there's always next year unfortunately.

My ladies are recovering nicely and producing more than a dozen eggs a day so my egg buyers won't be shorted at all. This has been hard on all of us as altho I am a hunter of deer for my freezer, I don't go out of my way to kill for the sake of killing. These were special circumstances and I wish there could have been another way to solve the problem. I tried to use a live trap but the fox wouldn't be fooled. It called for drastic measures and that's what I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment