Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Show Time ! ! !


Wow, today was pretty exciting. Penny Preston, a KULR8 TV (Billings, MT) reporter came by this morning to do an interview for possible airing this evening. In the state of Wyoming there have been a lot of raptors electrocuted by power lines. Because of that, Rocky Mountain Power received a 10.2 million dollar fine, part of which was sent to the Murie Audubon Society in Casper for distribution to rehabbers in the state. We all put in a quarterly expense voucher and are then reimbursed for the cost of food, feeder animals and in my case, construction of our new mews.

I couldn't use any of my eagles as they are in rehab but Penny got some archival footage from my old educational eagle, JULIE ANDREWS, to use in the piece. It might air this evening (Friday) on their 5, 6 and 10 o'clock news and again on the 6 o'clock morning program. The other interviewees are Dr. Charles Preston, Curator of the Draper Natural History Museum in Cody and Tim Eicher, U.S. Fish & Wildlife enforcement officer, also based in Cody. Tim is the person who gathered all the information to bring this case to court.

I hope you all can watch the show. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I was so happy to hear about this fine, but didn't realize that it would be a benefit for you. Glad to hear it. I am sure that Penny did a great job covering the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed that it didn't air last week, perhaps it will be on tomorrow night. Penny is a really experienced editor of her pieces so I'm sure it will be just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Susan.. there are a transformers here that look like they were put out specifically to take out birds.. rust and all

    ReplyDelete