Saturday, March 6, 2010

Four legged family










































I thought I'd show you some photos of my resident furry animals. SOPHIE was born in January, 2007 to a purebred Pembroke Welsh Corgi mom, MADDIE and a Border Collie/Bearded Collie cross male, PUNCH (he's the one in the dark glasses). She was one of nine babies that took a long time to come into the world. Poor mom was exhausted by the time they all arrived and only six survived that ordeal. All of them look just like mom but have their dads haircoat, longer and with whiskers around their face.

MADDIE lived here for about a year but is now back with her original owner. SOPHIE missed her in the beginning but has finally gotten used to being alone again. Now I have to entertain her instead of her mother as she likes to play tug of war with an old sock.

The cats are MUFFIN, the chubby looking shorthair and SISTER, the glowering-with-spooky-eyes medium hair. They came to me when only a bit over three weeks old, dumped in a paper bag at our local baseball field. Luckily it was next to my neighbors car so when they came back from the snack bar they found them. These two kittens were very much loved by someone as they were socialized but again, not loved enough to keep. I can't imagine my life without them, they will be teenagers in July of this year and bring such joy to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment