Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pending release & catch-up news

Hi, everyone. Been a few days since I've posted a message so this is a catch-up on what's happening at IBR. This weekend I'll be releasing the last of my birds ready to go. It's a rough-legged hawk, TIMMY, who came up from Riverton last month. She only came for some flight conditioning and now she's strong enough. Roughies live half their life, the summer months, at the Arctic Circle so they have to make that long migration before breeding season. They leave Wyoming during the month of March. I'll add a photo if I can get one as she flys away.

The old golden eagle, BURL, is gaining strength every day. He still has some balance problems but is eating everything I give him, able to eat on his own without me having to cut up his meal. He was moved to the 20'x 25' pen today and is enjoying being able to hop up on a higher floor perch. He has also gone from 6.25 pounds to 7.50 pounds, Elk steak and bunnies are super for putting on weight.

TRONA, the adult female golden eagle from Green River, is in the flight barn and making short flights. Her right wing is still a bit weak but she too is coming along nicely.

My baby eagle, DAVE, is now in an outside 8'x 8' pen. He's been inside for so long I'm sure he's feeling better about seeing the blue sky through something other than a far window. He's a lovely baby and very easy to work around. He has also gained needed weight going from 7.50 pounds to 9.50 pounds, a very hefty weight for a male golden eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment