Friday, July 24, 2015

Birthday girls

One day my neighbor came quickly down my road with two kittens she'd found in a paper bag next to her car at the local ball field. She said her cats would kill them and would I give them a home. I said certainly. I was surprised when I opened the bag to find the babies were only about three and a half weeks old. They didn't know how to eat solid food or use a kitty box. I set them up in a large dog crate in my living room and they became a part of my family.

Today those two "bag ladies", MUFFIN and SISTER, are celebrating their 18th birthday! I can't imagine life without them, they bring joy to my life, and sometimes frustration, every day. Other than being on a special diet food for their kidneys, they have been healthy and happy cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment