Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Owl barn finished



Well the final work was completed today on the owl barn. Now all the mews and flight areas match except for their doors. As they are all used I have to get busy with my paint brush. The top photo shows the barn as it was before John and Alan did their magic. The bottom one was taken today. Now the two resident Great Horned Owls, SEEDY and SMIDGE have a fancy place to live along with any baby GHOs that come in for fostering.

I still have to do a bunch of raking up to clean the area and make a run to the dump. I think this will be the end of large construction projects but there are always small things that need to be tweaked. One is replacing the outside door to the hawk flight barn. Another one of the used doors will be used for that after John makes an adjustment in the opening. I still want to put a 6'x6' pen inside the cage room for the larger birds where I don't have to crawl into a small cage to treat them. It's always something.

1 comment: