Thursday, April 22, 2010

Great friend


Just a couple weeks ago I signed up for the Eagle Posse with Chuck Preston of the Draper Museum of Natural History here in Cody. That entails monitoring of known golden eagle nests in the area that are being used this year to raise babies. For me, the only thing missing was a good scope so the birds could be seen but not close enough to stress them.

Those of you who receive my newsletter know about Jonathan & Susan Wood, The Raptor Project, in Roxbury, NY (see Links). He got an adult golden eagle, CODY, from me back in 1993 and had her for 16 years. Three weeks before she died he received another from me, a female he named MORIAH. Jonathan does hundreds of programs every year in dozens of states and one of his sponsors is Nikon. I contacted him about which of their scopes would work best for what I wanted it to do. He said, I'll send you one. Oh yes, and a window mount too.

Today I received his wonderful gifts along with a CD of him and CODY leading the procession of the Blessing of the Animals at St. John the Divine Cathedral in NYC. He and CODY had that honor for 10 years. Thanks Jon for all your help and being a great friend. Someday we'll meet face to face so I can give you a big hug.

1 comment:

  1. That is great Susan.. tell Jon thank you from me as well. Now to rig that scope up to your camera.....

    ReplyDelete