Thursday, April 22, 2010

HAPPY EARTH DAY ! ! !


Yesterday was my getting to know the earth day. I lost my horse about 12 years ago but the fencing around her pasture was still there. The fencing was sagging so I decided to take down the whole thing. I could then do some sort of clearing up. I borrowed a handyman jack from Ted Roes, Midwest Fence, and got to work. And work it was.... There were about a bazillion of the t-posts, okay not quite that many, but lots, and they had been in there for a couple dozen years. Plus a few wooden posts too.

The first few metal posts came out with a bit of a struggle but nothing compared to four that had been partially buried after some work on the driveway. Those took a combination of digging out and using the jack. The wooden posts that I put in all those many years ago were not about to give up the ghost easily. Guess I did a really good job putting them in. At least I never thought of using cement. I did leave the large ones that I'd put in as corner and gate posts as there are lots of birds who use them for lookouts.

Of course now this means I'll have to get to work raking up the old fenceline and moving "stuff". I did find a home for most of the old metal posts so they won't end up on my hilltop along with other materials. Thanks Joyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment