Sunday, August 2, 2015

Bzzzzzzt

My friends Kimber and Alan said I could come by their place for some straw. I have three rabbits due to have their babies this coming week and had none to put in their nest boxes. I stopped by today, chatted a while, then backed up to the stack. I got the first bale in my truck and was moving the second when all of a sudden I was being attacked! After originally thinking it was flys I quickly realized it was bees and they were spitting mad.

I got away, went back to move my truck and then borrowed some ice from Kimber to keep the swelling down. The bees got me on my left hand, the right side of my neck and my right shoulder. And it all happened in the blink of an eye. Their nest was between bales and my moving the second one disturbed it. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment