Wednesday, August 5, 2015

As a sort of a trade off, I drove two baby golden eagles over to Gillette for release. As a fluke, Erika Peckham, WGF, picked up a very thin baby swainson's hawk the night before. It is so rare for me to be at the right place at the right time but that's what happened. After the eagle release (see above) I met Erika and took possession of this young bird. Very weak but anxious for some groceries. He had fluids last night and some small pieces of meat today along with more fluids when I got back to Cody.

THURSDAY: He's still alive but very, very weak. I've started tubing him with a high calorie, critical care diet. Hopefully it will help him gain some strength so he can get better. It's the same thing I used for MUNCHIE, the severely starved golden eagle and he ended up being released. Hopefully the same outcome will happen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment