Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baby TV



Yesterday I got a call from our city Animal Control Officer, aka dog catcher, Duane Wiener about a turkey vulture down in a yard in town. It was very close to where they roost for the night but not one of the regulars. This is a baby of this year, only about four months old. As you can see from these photos, compared to those of the vultures in a previous post, this youngster has a completely dark head.

By the time I got to the sighting the bird had managed to get to the top of a portable carport then to the roof of a nearby house. After watching him for some time he decided to fly in the direction of the roost tree. He didn't make it all the way but was up in a tree nonetheless. I'm sure he was a bit hungry and wasn't the strongest flyer so hopefully he followed all the older birds in the morning to where they could find something to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Just read your comment, so great to see your work! I think I just signed up to follow your blog...I'm new at this! Will read some of your other posts...so great to meet like minded and hearted souls!
    Leslie in Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete