Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Notes....

Just some catch up on things. Last Saturday I received a call from some people who were traveling up this direction from their home in MO. Just this side of Thermop they spotted an injured golden eagle on the road, gathered her up and brought her to me. Unfortunately it was the weekend so she had to wait until Monday for x-rays. In the meantime I sprayed her to get rid of the many large lice she had plus filled her up with good elk meat and mice.

Monday and a trip to the vet ended up sadly. The x-rays showed that the bones in her pelvis were in pieces and altho she had very warm feet she couldn't move either of them or her legs. Apparently there was also nerve damage so she was euthanized. She is the 16th golden eagle of the year so far.

Also, John McGee is working on refurbishing the original mews we built about 20 years ago. By we I mean people who didn't have a clue about "treated" wood so what was on the ground has slowly been rotting. The old is now new with matching metal siding to the mews John built a few months ago. Every time I think I've finished with such work I find something else. The next will be small, just covering the front and one side of another old addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment