Saturday, September 4, 2010

Walking wounded


Today I got a call from Sam Donahue of the highway patrol about an eagle down near the town of Thermo-polis. Luckily a wonderful man, Pete Galovich, was coming this direction on his way to the Billings airport (he's going on a vacation in Alaska) and offered to bring the bird to Cody. I met him at the G&F office to transfer this adult female to my care.

As she was found alongside Highway 120 I assume she's been hit by a car. She has some bleeding in her mouth and is breathing hard but no bones are broken. She can walk but is very wobbly and weak. Hopefully any internal damage is minimal and the lung damage will be absorbed. The bad news is this is a holiday weekend, my vets office is closed until Tuesday. At this point I don't think anything will help but tincture of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment