Monday, September 13, 2010

Visitors




Okay, first the spider then these, Halloween must be in the air. These two adult turkey vultures came to visit and landed not far away from my gate. And they let me get quite close to them before taking to the air. They came because there is a meal for them near these fence posts. You'll also notice in the photo where they are perched there is another bird right in between them, a black-billed magpie. He didn't stay long as I don't think he was very welcome. In the flying photo you'll have to look closely in the dark cloud near the bottom to see the second bird.

I rarely see TV's around this area altho I know they nest someplace not too far away. One year there were about a dozen of them holding either a meeting or just gossiping behind my eagle flight barn. Was quite a sight to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment