Thursday, August 12, 2010

Visitors from the sky



Last Sunday I was out doing chores when I heard my dogs barking and barking. I told them to hush but it didn't work so I went to see what it was all about. There, heading right over my house, were two hot air balloons coming to land in the pasture in front of me. The 15th annual balloon fest was taking place that weekend but due to bad weather they weren't able to fly on Saturday. I'd forgotten about checking the skies when I went out to do chores so never saw them until they stopped by.

I went over to say hello as I'd been going to these events since the first one. I've been on rides, helped chase crews or just enjoyed the spectacle of seeing these very beautiful pieces of art floating above me. This time I knew some of the pilots and helpers so got a couple of them to take photos of their balloons with IBR in the background. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera to the field with me so had to wait until the photographers emailed me copies of their shots. Thanks to Scott Landwehr for these photos. It was his first balloon ride and he had a ball. One great thing, one of the pilots, in the tradition of ballooning, handed me a bottle of Brut champagne for landing on my property. I told her it wasn't but she said to keep it. Yum

1 comment:

  1. How fun to have a balloon land right in your yard! And OOOO Brute champagne! My favorite!!!! Riding in a hot air balloon is one of my wish list items. Lucky you for having been able to do it!

    ReplyDelete