TIP died yesterday evening. I finally got a diagnosis for what was making her so sick. I had her tested for WNV but that was negative. She had a blood parasite called leucocytozoon. The prognosis once they get this parasite is very poor because quite often the bird shows no symptoms. It's transmitted by black flies, luckily I don't have them here. She came from south of Buffalo, apparently they are living there.
I went to Dr. Blessing and got the medicine to kill the parasite but she was gone when I got home. She was doing so great up until Wednesday when she didn't eat her rabbit. Yesterday she just stood in a corner with her head down. I sent the blood in last Thursday to the state lab for testing but only got the results yesterday afternoon. Just too late to help her.