Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Feeding attire

It is very important to keep a baby bird, of any species, from becoming a human imprint. TUMBLER is not quite four weeks old, right at the edge of learning she's an eagle. Now, besides the t-shirt with the golden head on it, there's a poster of a life sized adult behind her. This way when she looks into the mirror she can see it. Thanks to Chuck Preston and the graphics department of the historical center, she has a "mom".

To that end I've made a mask to wear when I'm feeding TUMBLER. Now don't laugh too hard but it's the best I could come up with at the moment. I know, four eyes, and I should probably put a dark cap over my ears. This is a work in progress, I'll tweak it as I go along.

She's eating lots of cut up mice and is now strong enough to sit up on her hocks. It's just a matter of time before she can actually stand. I'll keep posting photos so you can see just how she's growing and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment