Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America ! !

Here's wishing everyone a very happy 4th of July. Especially all the folks in the military who have made this country what it is and keep it that way.

My parents almost had a couple fireworks in the family as my brother Tom and I were born the afternoon of the 3rd. Just missed by about 12 hours. With three babies in two years, my sister Dorf is a year older, I'm sure my mom thought she had as much excitement as she could stand. In those days doctors kept new moms in the hospital for days so she missed being able to celebrate the 4th by going to our hometown parade and watching fireworks.

I saw the Cody Stampede parade yesterday as this morning is a scheduled eagle nest monitoring day so will miss the big one. There were lots of great entries, color and pagentry. I especially love the pack strings from the Forest Service mules, my friends BJ and Mike Carlson and their Wayfaring Traveler llamas to the best, the string made up of baby donkeys and kids. They've never won the blue ribbon but they certainly deserve it.

Thanks everyone for making this the best country in the world and my home for 67 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment