Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby goes home


Last week I got a call from a friend about a baby crow that was down in their yard. I went over and altho I tried very hard, NOIR just wouldn't stay in the tree where his mom was perching. I brought him home and started feeding him a variety of foods which he thought were just fine. Yesterday I stopped by the house to see if his family is still there as this baby is ready to go back to them. The minute I stepped out of the truck his mom started screaming at me. She apparently either recognized my truck or myself as the one who "stole her offspring". I was glad to see her and will return NOIR to her care this morning.

Corvids are some of the smartest birds on the planet and this mom is no exception. I just hope this little guy learns the lessons she imparts to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment