Saturday, July 17, 2010

4th Musketeer is flying high

Today I hiked down a wonderful trail right near Cody to release d'ARTAGNAN, the little screech owl that came here after his nest tree had been cut down. I forgot my hat, it is almost 90 degrees outside, and water bottle but didn't think it would take me long. NOT ! It was about a half mile I guess, some downhill, some level, but the bird is tiny and the crate not very heavy. I found the perfect place, lots of tree branches, shade and even a bit of a trickle of water underneath the space. I opened the crate door and whoosh! out he flew, past all those wonderful branches and off to the right. By the time I got in the clear I had no idea where he landed. I wished him well in his coming life and thanked him for being a part of mine. Then came the hike back to the truck. Seems to me a lot of it was uphill and a bit level......

No comments:

Post a Comment