Thursday, February 11, 2010

Golden girls



This Saturday one of my golden eagles will be flying away. I'm driving ARLAND back to his territory south of Cody for release as he probably has a mate in the area waiting for him. I'll include a photo of his release if my friend Joyce can get one with my camera. It doesn't always work as they either go faster than expected or the opposite direction from where you think they'll go.

I also now have five goldens, MISSY came in a few days ago with a concussion but thankfully nothing broken after being hit by a car. It took her a couple days to get her balance and not seem as if she was in a fog. The bottom photo shows DITTO after she'd flown to a corner perch and was busy eating her rabbit.

The other photo shows both MISSY (l) and DITTO(r) sharing the tallest perch in the mew. That's where most raptors like to be, at the highest point, but I was surprised to see both of them in the same small area. These beautiful ladies will be returned to the wild in the next two to three weeks. Again, that's what makes all this worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing me these great golden ladies today! What beautiful birds, and what a thrill to have them fly past in such close proximity. I always love visits to your places. Anne

    ReplyDelete