Friday, February 5, 2010

My new road


Anyone who has driven into IBR has not had a fun time of it as the road was very washboardy (is that a word?), enough to knock the fillings out of your teeth. No more thanks to Harris Trucking. As you can see in this photo it is almost a super highway now. There's a lot of frost on the ground as this was quite early in the day but the road is now two lanes wide. And when it's warm enough they will wet down the recycled asphalt and roll it so it will be smooth as glass. This is not of my doing, they are working on another section of their gravel pit and wanted a road wide enough that two of their big trucks could pass each other. I just happen to be lucky enough live on the same right-of-way. I wish I could have afforded to have it taken all the way to my front gate but this comes very close to that so I'm not going to complain. As it is they did run it towards my place for 50 feet. That's IBR in the distance behind the third power pole. Thanks guys.

As you can see by the dirty truck in the photo, living on a dirt road isn't easy on the vehicles. Now I won't have any excuse for the truck being so covered with dust and dirt.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha.. I was going to say something about the dirty truck, but you beat me to it.. The driveway looks awesome Susan. will save on wear and tear for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to the improvement! Gary wishes our road was so nice! You are going to get way too spoiled now. :-)

    Anne

    ReplyDelete