Saturday, June 25, 2011

Such beauty













Today I found the first of my yellow roses all open and incredibly beautiful. Back a lifetime ago I worked at the Cody Greenhouse, y'all remember that being out on the Powell Hiway next to the drive-in theater? A few times during the day, between customers and chores, I would walk back to where the rose bushes were kept just to smell the one called "Mr. Lincoln". The fragrance was awesome and my pretty little volunteer rose smells just as sweet. It's outside the large many paned window in my north room which is a great frame for this plant when all the buds are open. They are there by the hundreds, a brilliant sight to behold during the day.

The top photo is of the small purple flowers that just cover the area at my front gate. I don't know the exact name but they look like some kind of aster or daisy. They're just beautiful. The yellow ones behind these are some sort of weed that is all over everywhere this year with all the rain and then hot weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment