Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day




This is a day to remember and at my age I have lots of memories. The only military person is my Uncle Roy who retired as a Colonel in the Air Force. But this day is not just for those in the armed forces, it's for all who have been lost over the years. My maternal grandparents on their IL farm and my dads mom in NC, my twin brother we lost at 16, my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. This is the year for my 50th high school reunion back in IL and altho I doubt if I'll make it to the festivities I did order the booklet they're doing up with photos and stories. Those will certainly transport me back to the 60s when all things were possible.

I also have loads of new memories, new friends. Trips to Scotland to horseback ride in the Highlands with two ladies I've known for almost 50 years, a walk down the Grand Canyon with a relative from Canada I never knew I had, and of course all the many well loved pets, cats, dogs, horses and now various species of birds.

I hope everyone has a lovely day. Since it's rained here almost every day for the past three or four weeks, it'll be a bit of a soggy one here. Not much outside picnicing here in Cody. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment