Saturday, February 5, 2011

Same old, same old, sort of



It's been quite some time since I've posted a message. Right now I'm sitting here looking out at a mini blizzard. When I was doing my cleaning this morning there were a few flakes coming down but nothing noticable.

I have a dinner to go to this evening, celebrating Robert Burns birthday, as we Scots do every February (even tho is birthday is actually in January). I told a friend I'd pick her up but she called to say it was horrible at her house, about 15 minutes east of here. While we were talking the snow arrived at my house but as I'm sitting here typing the snow has greatly diminished and I can see quite a distance now. The two photos are from last week when we did have a bit of snow but the sun was so bright you needed sunglasses to go outside. They are looking NE and SE from my front door.

OMG !!! A pair of golden eagles are flying over the house. It's rather windy so they're doing a lot of up and down in the air. One is an immature but I couldn't get a good look at the second one, may have been an adult. There are almost 70 eagles nests in the Big Horn Basin and a couple not far from here. At this time of the year the adults are reinforcing their bonds and thinking about sprucing up their nests. I certainly hope they find something to eat but with all the rabbit tracks in and around my house there must be lots of prey for them to catch.

Friends in IL and TX have reported very horrible weather in their area. Two feet of snow in IL and single digits in TX. Not usual for those areas at all. Stay warm everyone, Spring must eventually show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment