Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fun time
















As I believe I've mentioned in earlier posts, I do a lot of volunteering at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in the graphics department. In 2009, because of all the exhibits being put up, the reinstall of the Whitney Gallery of Art, the repainting, etc. of the gift shop, I put in 740+ hours. Last year, because there was only one large exhibit, Splendid Heritage, and not much else, I only had a bit over 400 hours.

Each February the historical center honors the volunteers by having us all in for a brunch. Well it started out as a dinner with staff skits, then went to a dinner with great staff entertainment. One year it was a "Mystery Dinner" where we all were asked to dress up in 1920s costumes. That's me in a skirt, believe it or not. Now they serve a wonderful brunch and still have the staff skits. A great time was had by all.

I asked my former graphics boss, Kimber Swenson, to join me for the brunch. The other photo is of myself, Kimber (seated) and Lynda Covert. Kimber, an awesome graphics designer, is now working from her home office. Lynda, and her husband Jimmy, are fabulous furniture designers with pieces placed in homes of the rich and famous all over the country. Lynda also does amazingly exquisite bead work on pillows and the furniture they make. This is the start of my 28th year of volunteering, hopefully I'll make it to 30.

1 comment: