Thursday, February 24, 2011

Borrrrring....

Wow, this has been the slowest start of any year since forever. As you saw in an earlier post I got in an adult female bald eagle the beginning of January and was able to take her back and release her where she was found.

Since then I've had a few calls about birds but they were just informational questions and not one needing rescuing. The resident and rehab birds are still here. I'm waiting for the feds to make up their mind about my sending my male golden eagle to Cornell. It's a long story, Cornell and I are waiting for the feds in Denver to make up their minds to honor his approval to receive the bird. That was granted by the state of NY and the USFWS NY regional office back in November. It's a governmental thing, hurry up and wait.

Until then we're all anxiously waiting for the end of this freezing, windy winter. It's been so long since we've had one we're all not used to the cold. It was -2 this morning when I got up and by noon it had climbed up to.....+2. Supposed to be in the negative double digits tonight. Hard to keep water in front of the birds and I have to quickly gather eggs before they freeze in the nest boxes.

Stay warm everyone, where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment