Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My new door


Quite some time ago I decided I wanted to replace my old front door to match the one on the sunroom. A friend of a friend had just the right board, a huge piece of oak. And she works for a man who builds cabinets for kitchens and bathrooms. In the past they built a wonderful small double mew for a couple of my school birds.

I decided on the design and I'm happy to say it's more beautiful than I ever imagined it would be. The bottom panel is a duplicate of one on a 100+ year old dry sink in my great room. Thanks Ken Rey for your work. Also thanks to Susan Osborne for giving me the glass, Stacey Huston for sandblasting the oval, Tiffany Olson for designing the lettering and silhouettes, Gerald and Grant Shippen for lugging it into the house from my truck and John McGee for installing it today. It's huge, weighs a ton and will last for the rest of my lifetime.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it in person ! It does look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I LOVE it! It is gorgeous, and fits you perfectly......

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great Susan~ Glad you like it so well~

    ReplyDelete