Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I started chores this morning and the temperature was a whopping 10. Later this morning I headed to town to take in our annual November craft fair so I could stock up on goodies for presents. This is also the Cody Turkey Day where there are lots of games and chances to win turkeys and cornish hens, fun for the kids in lots of ways.

I'm now back in the house after putting everything to bed and it's not quite 5:00pm. I checked the temperature and we're now at 9 so my truck is plugged in as I'm sure it'll be below zero tonight. With the wind and some snow it's really not a very pleasant time to be working outside. The chickens have unfrozen water in their pans but all the others are solid. I keep telling the birds when I refill the pans to drink while it's soft but then they never listen to me.

And this is a prelude to our cold days coming the beginning of next week. I'm sure glad I have my five cords of wood under cover and close to hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment