Friday, October 15, 2010

Scotland the Brave



A few years ago I was able to make two trips to Scotland, the original home of my ancestors on my moms side. I went the first time with friends to ride horseback in the Highlands, second time on my own and stayed with a family I met on my first visit. I told everyone about the experiences and how much it meant to me. One of them is my friend, Morley Davidson, a distant cousin from Oshawa, ON, Canada. He said that one day he would get there too.

That happened this past September when he went with a tour group for 12 days. I just received his photos and they are wonderful. Morley is a runner having participated in many marathons over the decades he's been doing that sport. He took his running gear along and was rewarded in being able to run on the same beach where the movie Chariots of Fire was filmed. As you can see, he certainly enjoyed himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment