Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ouch ! ! ! !


Some days are more difficult than others. This afternoon, while I was putting food out for the birds, one of them struck back. It wasn't meant as an attack, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I tossed some rats up on a wall perch in the hawk barn, the swainson's that likes to sit up high on the side wall took off. She went to the opposite side of the barn then turned back in my direction. She's done that before but usually went off to the side not coming close to me. This time she hit me smack dab in the face with a foot. The one with the sharp pointy toes..... Felt like someone sucker punched me and boy did I bleed. A friend was here picking up eggs so followed me as I hurried to the cage room for some paper towels to soak up the blood. As you can see, I now have a few holes punched in my face and some scratches.

After I wiped off my face and got cleaned up I went back to retrieve the remaining rats and finished feeding the rest of the birds. Then I went to the house and put some betadine on the wounds, took an Aleve because it was aching and ate some chocolate, the cure for all ills. Sure hope I don't get a black eye from it. Now that would be a sight to scare people.

3 comments:

  1. YIKES! Lucky it wasn't an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I have a slight black eye now but it's improving every day. The swelling has gone down too. I certainly kept a close eye on the bird this afternoon when I went in to feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.. I can't leave you alone for a moment can I.. been a while since I checked in.. glad you are ok.. <3

    ReplyDelete