Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Busy day

Wow, this has been a long day. This morning was sad, see below, then it got a bit better after a 184 mile round trip to get not only the baby screech owl but also six donated rabbits. Now I just got back from picking up another baby GHO, this one not far from home, thank goodness. DITCH was found on the ground in a very starved condition and so weak he can't stand for long. Yes, he can stand. I fed him some cut up mice (yum) and fluids so he has something in his tummy for the time being. He feels very warm but then he had been sitting out in the sun for most of the day, spent about 15 minutes being poured on by a quicky rain, and then back into the blazing sun. I just hope he's not so far down he can't come back. He was standing, albeit leaning on the side of his cage, when I left him. I certainly hope he's up and glaring at me in the morning. I'll add his photo tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well, can you get a little busier !! Sorry to hear about your losses.
    That Larry is one handsome guy !!

    ReplyDelete