Thursday, April 18, 2013

Forever home


This is PRISCILLA the day she arrived, November 24, 2011.


Miss PRISS just a couple months ago.


Her usual attitude when I went into her mew.

PRISCILLA flew off yesterday to her new home. I had to drive to Billings to get her to NH in one day but at least this time the flight left at 1:25pm and not 6:00am. I wasn't sure what the roads would be like so left early. Good thing as I ran into icy roads, dry roads, small blizzards, blue sky, sunshine, more small blizzards, etc. Oh yes, and three flaggers at road construction near Belfry.

Miss PRISS is now living at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in Holderness, NH. I got a report this morning that she's settling in, eating and probably enjoying the company of another young female bald eagle. Nancy said she'd send photos of her in the new mew as soon as she gets one.

I will miss the feisty, mean young lady. She is very vocal and has such curiosity about what's going on around her. I know everyone there will enjoy her. That is until they have to catch her. Then WATCH OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment