Saturday, July 14, 2012

A real bird is emerging



She's now 18 days old and COTTON is beginning to get in enough hard feathers to make her identification complete. She's also left her "nest box", a small cardboard box she's been in since I received her as a day old baby.

I'm now giving her whole, opened, mice to experiment on self feeding. She doesn't have the hang of it yet but she's working on it. After hearing some strange noises coming from her cage I had to peek and see what was going on. She was standing in a corner "footing" some of the letters on the newspaper under her feet. That means she was trying to grab them.

She'll be ready for a small flight area pretty soon so I have one already set up in my cage room. It's only 50" wide but that will give her a chance to spread her wings and fly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment