Saturday, March 3, 2012

Disappearing DAVE



This morning DAVE was released so he could begin the long migration to his birth place above the Arctic Circle in Northern Canada. He's been here since the end of November after being found by pheasant hunters. His right ulna was broken but in good position and had the intact radius for a splint.

His first flight was a short one and ended on the ground while he scoped out the territory and wide open spaces he found himself in. When I got close to make sure he was okay he jumped into the air and showed me his backside. I watched as he went a long way and then over a hill with strong wingbeats. Sorry it's not all in the frame but I had to quickly click the button as he was leaving in such a hurry so I didn't have a lot of time to frame the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment