Thursday, February 23, 2012

She's soaring again


Today was hard as I made the difficult decision to put JOSEPHINE to sleep. In this photo she was up, standing on flat feet and walking. She seemed to be on the road to recovering from the lead in her system. That count had been going down and my hopes were high that this magnificent bird would fly again.

It was not to be. A couple days ago she took a turn for the worse. She was unwilling to stand for very long, her right foot started clenching again, she wasn't able to keep food down and her breathing was becoming labored.

I asked her to try and she did. Unfortunately wanting something and making it so wasn't enough. In my mind and heart she is now soaring in the high clouds and I will always remember her gallant try to become whole again. Goodbye sweet lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment