Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring??????


Snow is what I woke up to today. My poor bushes are trying to bud out and the iris are peeking up from their winter sleep. And today I'm heading for Powell to pick up a lot of baby chicks. That is if they make it in from their hatchery. I certainly hope so as they were hatched on Wednesday and they can live three days on their yolk sac. I'll add a photo of them when I get one.

It was a treat to walk into a room and listen to 600 baby chicks peeping. I chose my 25 Araucana's and 10 assorted other heavy brown egg breeds and came home a happy camper. As you can see in the photo, they instantly became busy finding food and water. They are all very healthy looking so should produce some great eggs to sell in the Fall. I already have lots of hens producing lots of eggs so if anyone wants to buy some let me know.

1 comment: