Wednesday, September 7, 2016

This is the second of the group. His name is HOOT (aren't I clever!) and he was probably hit by a vehicle on Riverview Dr just outside of Riverton. Luckily he was spotted and gathered up. I got the call from Jessica Beecham, WGF, to let me know I would be getting two birds instead of one when I met her this morning at the south end of the Wind River Canyon.

He cannot stand on his legs but is able to open and close both feet. In order to keep him in a more normal position he's now reclining in a hammock to let his legs hang down. Xrays showed possible damage to his spine so he's on steroids and antibiotics to help the inflamation go down.

He's not a happy camper but was very good about letting me give him his meds, fluids and cut up mice. I don't know if this will work or not but I'm sure hoping it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment