Monday, May 9, 2016

Goodbye beautiful lady

Around the middle of August, in 1997, I was handed two wee kittens. They had been stuffed in a paper bag and left next to my neighbors car when they were at the local ball fields. The kittens were about 3 1/2 weeks old, barely crawling around, not eating or using a kitty box. I set up a large crate in the living room and started their education.

These sisters, MUFFIN and SISTER, have brought such joy into my life but the day is a bit dimmer now. At age 18 years, 10 months, I had to put MUFFIN to sleep today. About three weeks ago she started acting a bit weak and wasn't eating well. She was on a special diet for her kidneys but they apparently were going into complete failure. We tried medications but the disease moved very fast.

Today I decided to opt for quality and not quantity. To let her go and not keep her alive just to keep her alive. Her sister, SISTER, is just fine altho she is also starting to show her advanced age.

No comments:

Post a Comment